There’s no getting around business auto insurance for those that use a vehicle for commercial use, it’s a necessity. To help combat costs for business auto insurance, here are a few tips to keep a few of more bucks in your wallet.
- It’s crucial to hire quality drivers. Safe drivers can help lower your insurance premiums because insurers will know there’s less likely of a chance for an accident. Make sure to let us know about the drivers you hire and we can work to get the right price for your policy. Hire drivers with good driving records and make sure any employee who ends up needing to drive a lot for work has a good record as well.
- If driving for work is a crucial component for your employees, it goes without saying that giving them some extra training won’t hurt. Hold some driving classes and make it mandatory and tell us about it – that can let insurers know that you’re doing the most you can to help with driving safety
- If business is going well and you see higher revenue, you can raise the deductible to lower the premiums. Work with your agent and consult your budget to see if you can pay a higher deductible. But make sure you don’t go too high and stay within budget.
- Don’t sleep on your policy. Talk with us annually before you renew your policy to make sure we’re getting you the best deal or what you want out of your coverage. Blindly renewing a policy could mean losing money on what you really need out of your policy. Check for things like coverage on older vehicles and whether accidents have been a problem or not. When you look at your coverage with us before you renew, you can check to see if your needs have changed.
- Keep stock of you fleet. This is important because as time goes on, the value of your vehicles goes down as well. This means you don’t need a high limit if the vehicles aren’t worth it. However, don’t go too low because there’s coverage for medical and bodily injury and those costs increase over time instead of decrease.
- It’s extremely important to install in ant-theft systems (tracking, steering wheel locks, alarms) to lower the chance of theft and therefore, lowering the premium.
- In addition to theft, keep your cars safe as well. Always check for airbags, automatic seatbelts and anti-lock brakes. These will help keep your drivers safe, keep medical costs down and lower the risk for your insurer.
In the end, remember to work with us and we’ll help you get the most out of your coverage without spending more than you can afford. Always keep risks low and show insurers that you’re doing your part to keep your vehicles and drivers safe at all times. Contact us to get a Dallas commercial auto insurance quote today at 972.234.5588.